Jeff Rowland 7s Amps, verse Rowland 8T1 or 112 Amp

Hi, has anyone heard the Rowland 7 Amps and compared them to the newer Rowland 8T1 or 112 Amps. Which ones did you like the best.
twilo

Showing 3 responses by cornfedboy

twilo: i've heard them all on several varieties of speakers, including avalons, sound labs and audio artistry. IMO, the model 8 and 9's were the best amps jeff ever made. i've owned a factory-modified model 8ti for several years. i wouldn't trade it for any current jrdg models, with the possible exception of the model 6. -cfb
brulee: i guess if you're willing to buy into the "magical combination" of spectral and mit, you could be sold damn near anything. care to invest in the tinkerbell cables i'm about to introduce? (they have really cool micro-techtonic boxes on each end, coated with kryptonite and housing really large green crystals; with the supplied torx driver, you can tune them to match the periodicty of any substance, known or only imagined.) -cfb
pctower: i should have been more careful in my post when i referred to the "model 6." what i meant is the current model mc-6. this is the multi-channel amp in the same size box as the 8's and 9's, configurable from mono to 6-channel. i never liked the now-discontinued model 6 either. BTW, jeff used to have a set of sound lab a-1's/b-1's also that he once drove with 2 or 3 pairs of 7's.

brulee: you know i was only pullin' your leg. i'm quite aware of your mit experience, which is much like mine.

-cfb