JBL L250Ti vs. L300 Summit

I want to upgrade my speaker system with JBL's and have never had the opportunity to listen to either of these big boys. However I hear that both are terrific speakers, but would like your opinion. Thanks in advance.
dumboatc8da

Showing 2 responses by zilla

I have heard both. The 250Ti's are a refined sound. They have gut shot bass that is there if on the recording and very natural. The mids are clean and clear. They excel at vocals and soundstage. The tweeter is smooth and clean. I use a BAT 300XSE to drive them. They were too laid back for me until I put silver interconnects in the chain. Ahhh yes.
They are 1998 JBL 250Ti Classics from Germany with a list price of $7500. Most audiophiles would be amazed at their sound. I had a Paragon at one time and the 250Ti's are far superior. The L300 is a different sounding speaker as it has the horn. I like it and wouldn't mind having a pair. I also have the Dali MS4's and they are a treat. Currently I am trying to decide if I am going to keep the Dali's or the JBL's.
Just got done listening to my 250TI's. Four CD's and three diffent interconnects. WOW!
The silver interconnects are probably going to stay in the chain. They are just a touch "hot" but so coherent and detailed in sound. They are cleaner and cleared and actually have better, deeper and fuller bass. The guy that sold these to me never broke them in. They have improved substantially in sound in the last 100 hours. He said he used them for about 150 hours but never really played them loud. I don't think he ever really even heard them as they are only sounding great in the last 20 or so hours of playing time. Again--- WOW!! They are excellent.