JBL B460 passive sub w/o external crossover unit

So I just inherited some old audiophile equipment, dads been dead a few years and we just moved his widow into a senior community. Among some of my dads stuff I took home was a massive JBL passive sub a B460 and a Bryston 4B-ST amp, but I cant find the JBL BX63A (a external dividing network, crossover) and I there isnt one to be had on ebay or elsewhere. Heres the question: can I hook the amp up to the sub out on my onkyo sc886p pre/pro and set the sub crossover at 60hz? And will it sound right?
andreitour

Showing 1 response by krelladdict

Be patient...behringer & pyle are not worthy of a B460. Another one to keep an eye out for is the Sumo Delilah crossover which went with the Samson subwoofer (basically a B380 clone with a 2235H JBL driver). I currently own both BX63A & Delilah crossovers patiently waiting for a sub cab to be built!! I was lucky enough to come across a 2245H driver, NEVER used, still in factory box, just rotted foam. The Delilah has a little more flexibility than the JBL. Both units eventually surface here or on e-bay from time to time. If I run across either, I'll let you know. P.S. when your 2245H driver needs foam repair... Bill Legall @ MILLERSOUND (215-412-7700) [email protected] is the ABSOLUTE BEST!!!