JBL - almost nothing for sale, why?

I wonder why that is...the JBL L100 made me fall in love with hi fidelity back in like 1978, when I heard for the first time how amazing recorded music can sound. 
ovaklakah

"Exactly, great points nonoise. My stereo sounds great, meanwhile I’ve heard  so much stuff that costs 10 - 20 times more that was either boring or sounded terrible".

Agreed. I recently went-through a carousel of some "audiophile-adored" names and models and JBL (4429) was a clear-cut winner for me. They are also better than anything else I've previously owned at any price range, higher or lower. Not rock and roll specific, and I find all tones (low to high) are excellently represented.

I do understand how people think today's L100 is just an expensive replica of the 70's version...but it really is not.

I find it interesting that I found at least four internationally-published reviews that all loved the 4429, and heard what I'm hearing. One guy on a forum said they "honked like geese" (seemingly justifying his perpetual rotation), and now that's the verdict on this model.

I also have to admit that I would have bought the orange L100 over the 4429 just for the mojo, but the pre order announcement came a week after I got the 4429 and I knew I had something special.

It’s a relief to get some good conversation on this. I’m so glad I pulled the trigger on these. The current state of what is offered really sucks the excitement out of the hobby, in some ways. Audiophiles can be an odd crowd for sure. After I discovered the 100’s were coming out, I started doing some searching and the consensus was they are going to be bloated bass, overpriced reproduction of the 70’s. Basically for geezers reliving the 70’s and listening to rock only. BS. Anyhow, then after they get released people say they are “bright”, “colored” yada yada. It’s all nonsense because maybe someone heard them at a trade show in a bad room or whatever, but I can say in my space, they are incredible. So, the potential is there. I heard a pair of $10,000 Focals with $20k in electronics that was “bright”but nobody would dare say that. 
And this is not because I grew up in the 70’s (42 years old) or listen to classic rock only. I’ve had a ton of the revered boutique brands and heard my share over the years in audio shops. A lot of them are overhyped or use crazy expensive materials and high overhead to justify stupid prices. 
I am also loving to hear this as in everything that requires money you will get snobs that talk you into the fact that their equipment is the best because it costs a certain amount of money.  I am on the search for new full size floor standing speakers to replace a set of Polk RTI A9's and have always loved JBL also.  My issue like many is space. 

I put my small 4311b's next to the Polks as well as my Paradigm S8's and they are still holding their own.  The S8's are definitely in a different class but they are significantly newer and larger.  

I would love to have those 4367's but don't know if I will have the room nor am I sure I want to spend that much even at that value used price.