JBL - almost nothing for sale, why?

I wonder why that is...the JBL L100 made me fall in love with hi fidelity back in like 1978, when I heard for the first time how amazing recorded music can sound. 
ovaklakah
Anyone who thinks these are not every bit as capable as the “boutique” who’s who of overpriced speakers is only fooling themselves. Also, it’s a misconception that these are “colored” and only good for rock or what not. That’s not true at all. Even if they are somewhat colored, most of the music I listen to has no real reference for an “absolute” sound. 
Nonoise, I just happen to come across them by accident. I was eyeing up the large jbl’s for awhile, but just never got serious about it until I saw those burnt orange covers! It’s funny to see people give their 2cents on JBL’s when they have probably never even listened to them. How many times can we see a 2 way 6.5 woofer box get rave about as if it’s the next coming. 
Hey fruff1976, so true, so true. Some people feel there's been no advances made since the cabinets look the same but the drivers are modern, up to date units of proven design.

It's funny how some just love and swear by old tube designs, old cable designs, and old NOS DACs and yet they have to have the latest and greatest, advertised speaker designs that tout cutting edge this and that with super narrow baffles and cones made out of unobtainium. They won't even give a speaker like the L100 or the 4319 a chance listen for fear of what others might say.

They're missing out.

All the best,
Nonoise
When we moved in the mid-80’s, I had owned a pair of JBL Olympus enclosures with an 001 system (130A 15” woofer, 175 DLH mid/high)
in walnut, with the wood fretwork grille. My wife insisted that I sell them as they seemed big for the living room. Anyway, I ran an ad for them for $800 (as I had paid $1500 many years earlier). They were in mint condition. A guy called me and came by the house at midnight. I asked if he wanted to listen to them, but he declined saying that he could tell the condition just by looking at them. Obviously, quality sells. I see these go for much more today. That may explain why I still drool when I see a pair of JBL Olympus, w/S7R, or S8R for sale.
Exactly, great points nonoise. My stereo sounds great, meanwhile I’ve heard  so much stuff that costs 10 - 20 times more that was either boring or sounded terrible. One example of a time when I just followed along with the crowd. When I was younger, I had saved up for a long time to buy a pair of speakers. There were overwhelming positive reviews for the magnapan 1.6qr which was in my price range, so I did the obvious thing and bought them. Well, I hated them. For years,I tried everything to make them work with no luck. Anyhow, I get way more enjoyment out of the JbL, than i ever did out if those.