JBL 4350's

Hi, I'm new here.  I recently came into ownership of a pair of JBL 4350's, from the original owner, all original parts, walnut cabinets (which I think makes them 4350B's?), full working condition, decent cosmetic condition.  Got them hooked up with a old Marantz amp, they sound amazing, like listening to anything else for a day afterwards was disappointing.  I've been searching online for some resources on more specific information to these, but haven't found a ton.

Anyway, I'm not in a position to keep them, I just don't have the space for them.  Not being someone who is really into HiFi, I'm trying to research where I can sell something of this size and value.  I'm a long time eBay member, but do not want to go that route for something like this.  I signed up here to check the Blue Book and these aren't even coming up (maybe I need to pay for that part?).  Given how few listings of sales I can find, that doesn't entirely surprise me.

I'm wondering if there is some advice on how to go about selling these.  I'm in the central Virginia area, and I'm assuming it would be unlikely I'd find some local to purchase these.  I'd like to limit this to continental US, though I see these are big in Japan.  How does one arrange to ship something of this size, freight?  Do people use Paypal for transactions this large, or is there a safer method?  Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, or if I'm out of line, just genuinely looking for advice to safely sell these at market value to someone who can enjoy them as much as I'd like to.  Thanks
dumaisaudio

Showing 3 responses by nonoise

Keep in mind that the $17K that Kenrick is asking comes with a complete replacement and improvement of the capacitors, drivers, trim pots and wiring, not to mention the refinishing of the cabinets and baffle. 

Here's a couple of videos that show how fanatical they are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdaDji4XDBg
&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz6jWcbmsqA

All the best,
Nonoise
I took a more in depth look at Kenrick's site and a pair of 4355 (which are very similar to your 4350) are going for about $17,500. I'm not saying you'd get that much as they overhaul everything in the speaker and use only the finest components they can get. But anyone buying these will know their worth.

Also on the site is a picture of a pair of 4350 in some customer's living room in Singapore. The room is big but not overly large and they look right at home, the way old audio photos used to. 

I can only dream.....

All the best,
Nonoise