JBL 4311B

Hello,
I have an old but in great shape pair of JBL 4311B's that I am considering using is a current set up. My question is, would there be any issues or concerns that I should be aware of when using them with more modern equipment like say a Marantz PM-11? I do not want to damage my amp, but would like to try these speakers out in my main system for a while to see how they do. I would also like to know if anyone has ever changed out the old spring loaded speaker termials with say WBT's or Cardas binding post? If you have?, Then how do you access the teminals for removal? Speaker drivers are on good, and not coming off the cabinet when the screws are removed. Maybe some type of adhesive used on them in conjunction with the screws to secure them? Thank you for any advise that you may be able to offer.
128x128peterwayne

Showing 1 response by thorman

I have some Original JBL 200 Studio Masters and they have the same spring type binding post..They do suck for sure.........I ended up taking off the caps and springs and went bare wire ( Paul Speltz Anti sp.cables ) ..The Anti cable sound great with the JBLs ..........