JBL 250 TI or JBL 4425 please vote

JBL 250 TI or JBL 4425 please vote

I know those are two different speakers, the other has horn drivers and the other do not have those.
would like to know which the most people prefer ?
rademaker
I own a pair of 4430, and I believe Ditusa does as well.
If WAF is important, probably the 250ti gets the vote.
The 4430 can probably be gotten for less money, but many you find may be very well hammered to death in the studios, and might need some substantial TLC.

I cannot comment on comparisons of sound, but as I understand it, the 250ti is claimed to be one hell of a great speaker. All things being equal, doubtful you would go wrong with either. Mark
both are great speakers and different design approaches, however i believe the jbl 4430 is more coherent, more dynamic, better transient response and has better impact on the high and mid freq. now on the other hand, the 250ti's have more detail and the bass is more "in your chest" where the bass in the 4430 is more "in your gut"! overall my vote is with the jbl 4430 as i believe it has a more "live" factor then the 250ti. as a general rule, i compare speakers not to one another but to "live" events.
To even the playing field to make a fair comparison I think the thread should have been the 250 TI's vs the JBL 4430. Now its two speakers of equal size and cost.
Krelladdict.. yep, you are right about the 'watts the same' I had a 50 wpc Forte 1a romped all over a SAE 200 watter for example..
Xiekitchen,the angled woofer is the Everest.(Ha good luck,Pretty Rare)Believe it or not the 250 will get louder than most people think and still be very accurate and go very low. Don't EVER listen to someone who says Watts are all the same!!! Although my 250's are hooked to a Krell KSA 250,my baby Krell (KSA 100MkII)will not walk but CRUSH most amps that are rated four times its' output. Depth,soundstage,delicacy and SLAM is all possible with the correct amplifier. Hell even a Aragon 4004MKII sounds pretty damn good. What ever you go for, don't shortchange the speaker (or you)!! QUALITY power brings these toys to another level!!!
What type of music do you prefer? That will settle the choice. For solo instrument, jazz, classical the 250Ti's win hands down. No comparison. For a big rockin party I'd use the 4425's.
'Loud and Proud' ha I love it, man.
The 250i has the reputation as being the best JBL speaker made (this is the one with 14" woof's, slanted side, right?) But the L-300/studio version are fun. I kinda have a 'love/hate' relationship with the midrange horn (same horn on my L-200's) can you say listener FATIGUE? maybe I need tubes with 'em
The 250ti's are more musical and went beyond the Just Be Loud of the older JBL's. If you get a pair, you can improve them by a significant margin by replacing the internal wire from the cross-over to the speakers. I used silver for the upper mid and tweeter and most everyone enjoyed the improvement. Not too difficult to do.
I am with Jaybo and Hamms, ANY of those old classic JBL's. The 250 may be the "accurate" pick, but I would say grab a pair of those 4425's or 300's and play it loud and proud.

Besides throw in Humble Pie rockin the fillmore, turn it way up, and you will have "accurate" playback. Or, at least FUN playback!

Have Fun!
a coin flip(and 2 different beasts), but if they are pristine, I would pick up the 4425's. Classic JBL monitor type, with the viseral thud that is more often than not, lacking in a small monitor. the 250 may be the more balanced, and have the deepest bass, but we're talking jbl here, so I'll break my own rule here. Both are fun and keepers, so you can't really lose. Condition would ultimately be my determining factor.