Jazz like this? Suggestions

I've been listening to "The Gotland Sessions" by the Magnus Ringblom Quartet for a good while now, and absolutely adore it. However, I have tried unsuccessfully to search for Jazz in a similar vein, having exhausted his catalogue on Qobuz

I'm no expert on Jazz, but enjoy the mellow, dreamy jazz served up by Magnus and co; could someone with more Jazz knowledge point me in the right direction?

I stream exclusively from Qobuz

Thanks guys 👍🙂

128x128painter24

@stuartk    There is nothing wrong with improvisation per se.

But necessarily if a a large percentage of performances are mainly improvisational. performers will be unable to maintain a high standard for many of them.  Absent the ones that could be classed as 'poor', many will tend to be similar and continue for lengthy periods along similar lines.  I think this is what FZ meant by 'noodling'.  I might call it 'being on the road a while but not getting far' or, perhaps, 'taking the long way around'.  Some might find too much of this tedious.

As in all things, quality is what counts.

PUG!!  I have a pug…Emma 9 years old

Chet is super cool and laid back…great recording.

Chet Baker

(Keepnews Collection)

Riverside label

MRQ is kinda like soundtrack music…for like a melodrama.  You need to dig deeper till your mind becomes one with the multiverse!  Eventually you must confront your inner 60’s jazz club hipster avatar and listen to John Coltrane live at the Village Vanguard.  I believe in you!

@painter24 Thank you! Wow I love this. New music to listen to!

Goes right back to the thread I started on new music:

Why do we stop listening to new music?

And I'm going to track down some of the other suggestions from this thread.

Happy listening...