jamo speakers e650

hi:
I am new to this forum. I have an opportunity to buy a pair of Jamo's e 650 speakers at a good price $500(canadian) suggest retail $1000.00. I do not know much about Jamo. Are they a good speaker co.or am I better off with other brands. any recomandations for a medium size speakers in this price range.
cheers

sal
saldj0865

Showing 1 response by cocozhou

I have the Jamo Concert 11s - D870s, I believe. I freak'n love 'em. I actually want to buy a new set of speakers; I want to get tied up into the rush and worry over musicality, and bass control, and sound stage; I want to fret over the technical details and build quality of Talon, Dynaudio, Audio Physics, and, yes, even Avantgarde (geez, what would I do with my amps?). Yes, I really do want to do all of these things until I bring my worried head back home and turn on some music. The non-fatiguing, rich sound of the Concert 11s sooth me, make me think of the next song I wish to hear. I yell at my wife, "Honey, come listen to this one," as she scurries about the useful household activities I too often neglect. I sit back and enjoy the richness of the sound, the depth of the sound stage, and the detail in the reproduction.

No, the Jamo Concert 11s are pretty freak'n fantastic and I would be hard-pressed to replace them - especially for the money. I don't know about the E650s, but the D870s are joyful in almost every respect.

Good luck!