Jadis with Telefunken 12AX7/ECC83 tubes

Hello,
After hearing few recommendations of Jadis users I have tried Telefunken NOS 12AX7/ECC83 tubes in my Jadis equipment. I put three tubes in lins stage of JP80MC preamplifier and two tubes in JA80 monoblocks.
I have mixed impressions. These tubes gave very good top end extension and sparkle. The sound was more transparent and some new details appeared. Also the soundstage improved in 3D depth. But some magic of midrange has gone. The Telefunken tubes pushed this a little romantic tube sounding set more into very good solid state set. I am not sure if the overall effect is what I require. Jadis is for to die for midrange and installing the tubes like Telefunkens pushes this set into a little different presentation. I am not sure if I end with these tubes and I am curious other Jadis user experiences with signal tubes rolling.
milimetr

Showing 2 responses by rodman99999

The Teles and Siemens are known for their transparency, and faithfulness to the original signal. If you desire to retain the clarity in the top end/spacious sound stage, etc., but want to add some warmth in the mids: Try some of the NOS Amperex/Bugle Boy or Philips/Miniwatt offerings(both from Holland): (http://www.tubeworld.com/12ax7.htm) Nothing new(especially from china) can compare sonically.
Mr M- Since you've brought up one of my favs(the Sylvania 6SN7W); I have to mention the three(really two) iterations of that tube, the shorter one of which I couldn't get out of my amps fast enough(no impact or depth, thin and strident). The tall bottles may have the black or metal base, a "W" or "A" suffix, but sound identical(and wonderful). You realize we just increased their price and decreased their availablity by letting that cat out of the bag, right?