Jadis Preamps JPS8, JPS2 and JP80

Hello
What are sonic differences among JPS8, JPS2 and JP80? I could not find anything about JPS8 and JPS2.

Thank you
eavr11

Showing 1 response by 42659

Rcprince is correct the stock Jadis JPS 2 or JP80Mc does not have the level of transparency at the top as more modern designs like the Lamm however this is only the case with the stock unit.

My stock Jadis JPS2 uses the awful sounding brass Cardas female RCA jacks through out and appears to also use cards internal wiring which is not especially neutral or detailed. In early 2006 I plan to replace all of female rca's with pure copper vampire jacks and upgrade the internal wiring with better sounding cable. I also plan on using 6.4% silver/copper lead free solder on all soldering joints which sounds much clearer and cleaner than current leaded solders used most commonly today. Just these changes alone will greatly help to bring this fine design more current using top rate connectors. Also planning on replacing the stock male IEC located in the power supply with the much better sounding Furutech FI-10(g). Other future improvements include removing some of the older capacitors in the power supply and replace them with Black Gate electrolytic caps. There are other changes such as upgrading the coupling capacitors I might try later.

When the Jadis products were originally manufactured they used some of the best parts that were available at the time but times have changed. Better and superior copper connectors, wire, solder and caps are now available that were not 10-15 years ago. The basic Jadis design is still top notch but many of the parts are not and in this regard the unit can substantially improved without changing the character of the unit.

Johnny