Jadis JP200 and Marantz 7 clones from Hong Kong

Hello,

Does anybody know much, or having experience, with all those Marantz, Matisse and Jadis preamp clones that apparently being marketed by several eBay sellers from Hong Kong?

Surely one could not possibly expect paying USD $500 to match the original $27K JD200. But if it's like 85%-90% of the sound, and the preamp is reliable, that may be something to consider.

They do look like being manufactured in China.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
bsimpson

Showing 1 response by salamon67

Guys Jadis and other gear is pretty overpriced for what you are getting in return.
Check Goldmund super transport costing 9000USd and when you open it you will find unmodified Pioneer player costing 60USD.
Those kits are really inexpensive for what you are getting.
I have Art Audio preamp which retails for 3500USD and when you check what's inside you could probably buy all parts for around 200-300USD.
Preamp sounds really good and even better after modifications that I've done like replacing inexpensive volume controll pot with DACT and rewiring everything with Mundorf wires etc.
All so called High End COs are looking for profit so don't let them fool you.
IU modified my Rega Apollo cd player to the point when it plays really nice and I compare it to Saturn and some other more expensive gear and it looks like I have a winner.
Modifications did not cost me more than 200USD in parts.
When you sale 10 000 players and you have to get parts you will try to save money on everything, few cents here and there will matter.