JADIS JA80 with 6550 or KT 88 or KT90 ?

My Jadis JA80 was built in April 1999 and came equiped from the factory with eight 6550 valves.

Before deciding to buy a new set of tubes, I would like to know some opinions about the advantage or inconvenience of using the KT 88 or the KT 90 tubes in my JA80.

Is there any experience of using these tubes (KT 88 or KT 90) in an amplifier designed from the factory to work with 6550 tubes?

Many thanks for your cooperation.
rato456

Showing 3 responses by saki70

Bartokfan ; I would be interested in your findings with this tube thing . Or anyone else for that matter . I have just purchased a Cayin a88 . This is my first true voyage into the tube world and am trying to learn .
Does anyone know if the other tubes , mentioned above , such as the kt90's , 77's etc. can be used in the Cayin a88 ? Has anyone tried ?
Signed 'Tube Noob' !
Bartokfan ; I agree . I just acquired this amp with a pair of Ref 3a De Capo i's , which I auditioned together . So I was just thinking ahead , right now I am quite pleased . But we all know how long that can last !!! I would be interested in knowing what my options would be , when that time comes . Just trying to learn .
No , I did not feel obligated at all . The dealer is in Clearwater, Florida .