Jadis DA30: fuse keeps blowing

Since 8 months I own a 2nd hand Jadis integrated class A tube amplifier. It has worked fine until recently, when the left channel stopped playing, some 60 seconds after power-up. I opened the case, checked for any blown/ destroyed/ burned component, but the only thing blown was the left channel fuse. This I replaced and all was well again. Unfortunately, a few days later the left channel fuse blew again, within 60 seconds after power-up...

I have switched all the tube pairs (left pair to right and vice versa), but the left channel fuse keeps blowing, ruling out a faulty tube. Please note that after replacing the fuse, the amp is playing fine, but after some on/off cycles the fuse pops within a minute after power-up.

Has anyone experienced a similarly vague problem with a (Jadis) tube amp? What could be causing this?

Thanks for your assistance! Bernhard
dudok12

Showing 1 response by loki1957

Check the tubes first. If the tube is bad it will blow the fuse to protect the speakers.If that doesn't help call Pierre Gabriel. He doesn't return calls or emails easily but stay on him.