It was 61 years ago today...

You are part of a select group of music fans to perhaps see on television, read the newspaper or maybe even be there to experience arguably a HUGE moment in music history.

I was only 2, so all I cared about was eating and sleeping. Maybe I was in the room while my family watched the Ed Sullivan show, later that week?

On this day in history, Feb. 7, 1964, Beatles arrive in US for first time, inspire nationwide mania (yahoo.com)

tablejockey

ghdprentice nailed it for me.  I was the youngest in my peer group and the only one, of the four of us, who's musical life was changed forever.  

The Beatles were simply more sophisticated than most pop bands, had better singing generally, and pointier boots. Also, they could deliver live to a degree that only comes from hard club and touring work. Without monitors! (amazing they could sing anything live). Did I mention the boots?

I liked them from the beginning, but it was "Rubber Soul" that really kicked my ass.

I was a kid & remember watching w/ my parents who I recall not being too impressed so therefore I wasn’t . When Rubber Soul & Revolver came out, it all changed!! Ground breaking stuff from supremely talented artists & the world never looked back. They could & did it all in their own style: harder rock, folksy love songs, spiritual / deeper meaning songs & just fun stuff. 

I told my Dad about 30 years ago that the Beatles would one day be considered to have as much worldly influence & be more famous than Beethoven or Mozart & he said no way. Not long before he passed away a couple years ago, he agreed. Truly great artists & art endures. People will know & listen to the Beatles for a long time. 

I was 13. I wore my hair kind of long at the time and all it took was a change in comb direction to have bangs. Which I immediately did right after the show.