It's Simple

Cables have properties Inductance L, Resistance R and Capacitance C.
Ditto loudspeaker, connectors, electronics in and out. 

LRC are used to create filters aka Tone Controls.
Filters cause amplitude and phase changes.

Cascading LRC creates a very complex filter.

Another's opinion on a particular cable may not be valid unless they have a very similar system.
128x128ieales
Al, I should've known better.  I calculate dividers almost every day, but yesterday was my "slow" day.  On positive note, I didn't make any bank transactions  :)

It's a pleasure to read an Audiogon thread where Geoff is totally ignored, in spite of his attempts at garnering attention. 

Audiogon ought to modify their policy where moderation is concerned. Just my opinion, of course.

As the thread suggests, "it's simple" really.
To the ops original thought . You mean this can all be scientifically explained ! Crap , I liked the mystery and unknown aspects of wires and cables . Thanks for shattering the illusion .
gdhal"Audiogon ought to modify their policy where moderation is concerned. Just my opinion, of course."

I think the thoughtful and purposeful moderator's have done an exemplary job in undertaking the management of these forums and in particular have acted swiftly and decisively to delete repeated posts by those who would seek to defraud the audiophile members of this community as you have done with your $25K USD "challenge" and efforts to obtain personal information about users here by employing skype as part of the extortion plot so I can see why you think the moderation needs to be changed!