It's European invasion

Gryphon, Ypsilon, Lansche, Kharma, Focal, Jadis, Mastersound, Swiss electronics etc. At the highest or close to it level they are overtaking big time. Yes, there are still competitive American brands, but it appears that Europeans are gaining more and more ground. With the help of Japanese - TechDas, Technics, Wavac, Kondo Japan, others.
What is going on, I wonder ?
inna
Let's not mince words about von Braun.  He was an officer in the SS and his weapons program used large amounts of slave labor.  He was a Nazi.  The US welcomed him and his team because we did not want the Russians to capture them.  And yes, von Braun, like every other SS officer, definitely did not want to be captured by the Russians.  I wonder why?

Von Braun was the father of the US rocket program, but a far more interesting person is the woman who thwarted his work at Peenemunde.
Many of the highest ranking Nazi brass actually did not fair too well in US (the Allies) hands. We hanged them. But Von Braun was not (rpt not) as guilty as the highest ranking Nazis and obviously could be of use to us.
What happened to great American innovation? Edison. Steve Jobs. Nikolai Tesla. Ford. Bell. Oppenheimer.

typically in fascist regime all investment goes to military and police and there's no room for anything else.
that's my gentle top-down estimate of what's going on.
The aforementioned work in physics and Nobel prizes have no correlation to what's happening with today's North American high-end audio companies.

The people doing that commendable work do not involve themselves in this business.  Listen to the forums and the conversations at shows, and you can see a big change has occurred in the people involved in this realm.  Compare the companies of the past with those of today, and the brain drain becomes obvious