It’s all a matter of degree

It may be stating the obvious, but each A’goner will have his own idea of how far he must go to satisfy his addiction.  To one member, enjoyment can be obtained with just a setup and no tweaks. Another will add a few or several and be satisfied.  Then there are those who must go on an all out quest for nirvana which may never be sated.

Which camp are you in?

128x128rvpiano

Am I reading this correctly - Build a system around 4 or 5 fuses as your system's core? This takes precedence over matching speakers with amplification?  Maybe that's not what you meant.

The tweak is final ingredient added to recipe, just a pinch of whatever spice.

I’m quite happy with my system right now and haven’t made any changes in some time.I’ve done my share of tweaking over the years but found that most are short-lived and of little value. The things that have worked are based on solid engineering principles,

You know the job is done when you listen to the music instead of the equipment.

The tweaking process is the absolute heart of being an audiophile.  To me tweaking is paying attention to the details of your system and room setup.  If you adjust your loudspeaker/listener distance to the fraction of an inch, then you are tweaking.  Setting up a phono cartridge is tweaking.  Tweaking does not require purchasing products, but it does take time and effort.  If you don't tweak you ain't audiophilling.

A method is not a "sum" of "tweaks means,

That you must do listening experiments to increase mechanical controls of the gear, decrease the noise floor level of the house not only of the room, and ESPECIALLY listen to the room acoustic treatments and if possible create acoustic mechanical control...

What i call a method include these 3 working embeddings dimensions for ANY audio system..

And the more important aspect of the method is not "tweaks" but acoustical principles over anything else ... YES mechanical and electrical principles are important but MOST of the POSSIBLE S. Q. at the end will come from acoustic mastery not from the well  choosen synergy of the gear parts...

FOR EXAMNPLE i used 2 different  type of ionizers and 12  tuned Schuman resonatrs but even if these "tweaks" are important they are anyway  SECONDARY additions to the PRIMORDIAL  acoustic passive material treatment and the Helmholtz acoustical mechanical control...

A method suppose listening experiments to fine tune the room...

Then to be an audiophile is not about upgrading nor about "tweaking" like some says, it is about the three dimensional  embeddings working controls and their  three integrated methods....

The only luxury in audio has never been the price tag of the gear AT ALL, but a dedicated room... Anything else is self delusion...Or consumers MASS conditioning...

Mass conditioning explain most of audiophiles thread chasing of the tail and even the world crisis... 😁😊