It Looks Like Streaming May Be The Future

According to the RIAA streaming revenues were almost 4X the dollar value of all physical product (cd, vinyl and dvd) shipped in 2017. $5.7 billion vs $1.5 billion.

Digital Download revenues and CD units shipped declined while Vinyl squeaked out a 5% increase in units shipped. Here’s a link:

http://www.riaa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/RIAA-Year-End-2017-News-and-Notes.pdf
128x128tomcy6
Yeah gdnrbob, being able to listen to all those albums you would never buy and finding that some of them are really good is what has me hooked on streaming.  I can try any album without having to pay $10 - $15 for it.  If I don't like it, I just delete it.
Streaming is just RENTING! The music content is just loaned to you. It is ILLEGAL to copy, sell or loan this content! I prefer ownership! Point 2: how can the provenance of the digital content be verified? Is it a first generation copy, a second generation, a third ... ? I would not give much credit to the streaming service providers for honesty! For the convenience of streaming too much is being given up!
+1 slaw! Physical media (tape, LP, CD) has monetary value. Streaming has ZERO monetary worth to the user! Remember it is ILLEGAL to copy, sell or loan this digital content! Finally the music providers have their hands on the throats of the consumers! And they will make you pay and pay!

I concur w/ the panel as above. I grew up w/ the Compact Disc. I have no desire to rent (streaming) content. Hi -rez download content is not too bad, so long as, it can burn  onto a CD-r.

Happy Listening!