I've been getting the following error on the AudiogoN forum section for the last couple of weeks:
An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. If you are the application owner, check your logs for details."
This typically happens when I click on the "All Recent" or "Related to You" link under the BROWSE tab. I've experienced the issue on 2 different windows laptops and a Macbook, so it is not OS related. Seems like a web server issue as I'm not experiencing the same errors on any other websites.
Any other users experiencing the same? A-goN support, are you aware of any current issues? In my experience, I get the error about 50% of the time I try to switch to a different tab/link or click on a different forum post. If I back out and try it again, it usually works, but sometimes I have to try multiple times.
The problem is a temporary one. We have been working for a few days now to get it fixed, and we are closer to finding out what is going on. Thanks for all of the comments. We hope to have the forums running back to normal today or at the latest tomorrow.
Thanks for the response. Glad to see you were already aware and are working on it. Feel free to close the thread, or delete it. Better yet, let us know when you feel the problem has been resolved and we can provide some real-world feedback to you.
yup past several days have been really painful. I can't tell you how many times I have written out 3 paragraphs of text only to lose it when the "Post Your Response" button fails out. I have started writing the post in MS Word and then copy/pasting to the forum so that I don't lose all that work! lol.
We all know the technical admins are working on the problem, and I totally understand that applications will sometimes have their issues (being in IT myself.). I am not attacking audiogon at all and I'm glad that we have a place to do these discussions!
Temporary was probably the wrong word to use. Sorry about that. The problem was bigger than expected. The forums seem to be working okay for me, not as fast but better. No error messages of yet. Any feedback from you that have commented would be great.
@auxinput - response improved for me also this afternoon and when I got back in from meetings this evening it is still working well. So far, so good this PM today. Will be interesting to see if the issue re-appears tomorrow morning.
A-goN admin. Please let us know if/when you implement any fixes and we can provide real-world feedback on the results......
I NAVIGATE THE WEB WITH THE KEYBOARD ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY. USING THE BACK SPACE BUTTON TO RETURN TO FORMER PAGES. Oops. Soory ‘bout the caps.
I frequently get 404s trying to return to former pages.
Also I get “no account under this name” or something very similar, when logging back in periodically.
Navigating the site 100% using accessibility software is not do able. Many buttons or controls are not identifiable, or identified as they are seen visually. Some are just ignored completely others report: “unknown link” or merely ‘link’, which is of course no help at all..
Consequently, ‘specific searches can not be accomplished. Forums, components, members, and even contacting admin poses issues as the encryption code alternative can not be revealed.
I have one other issue but I’ll keep that private and hope to be able to disdcuss it once I’m able to contact Admin myself. See above issue submitting input to admin.
Audiogon while you are at fixing things. Here is another problem: Cutting and pasting text to an ad is impossible for me. It adds so much jibberish (computer language) to the pasted text that it unusable..
@jond - Same for me. Since last night things have been working very well. In fact, the forum website is responding blazingly fast for me today. Hope it stays this way. Makes for a much better user experience.....
Audiogon has only one issue indeed: Missing at least professional developer who is worth approximately $120,000 annually + benefits. Once they hire, they'll be all right. So figures out they're bunch of greedy ones who don't give a truck about its members.
I sent an e-mail to AudiogoN Support late last night. Got a reply from Tammy this morning saying they were aware of the issue and were working on it. She later asked me try again and let her know how it was going. Since that time, early this morning, everything has been working well for me.
I don't know what's causing the issue, or the resolution, but when it starts occurring, an e-mail to AudiogoN Support seems to get some attention on this issue, and a quick resolution.