Isolation Transformer - Use with Cheater Plug

If you plug equipment into a isolation transformer like a Tripp-lite using cheater plugs, do you still get the shock benefit? I am thinking you are because the transformer is still plugged in the correct, grounded way. But technical knowledge has never been one of my strengths.
(The only way I can prevent loud hum is by using cheater plugs on both my preamp and amp. Plugging them into the Tripp-lite without the cheater plugs did not work.)
hhawk
But NGjockey--you are probably using a balanced center pole grounding scheme I'm guessing--in which case there is no neutral--it really is negative.
HHawk: I guess you missed Jea48's humour. Yes, you can still get a minor shock. The iso will reduce common mode noise in the AC line and reduce voltage spikes. Sizing is important. For both a preamp and amp, 1 KVA is minimal.

You might want to do some search and research into "ground loop"

Rives: You guessed right. Shhh.
A balanced power system is still a grounded AC power system, (60/120Vac). True both 120V legs are ungrounded with a reference from each leg to the grounded neutral of 60V.
The neutral is still connected to earth ground per NEC Article 647.
~
======================

I originally had the pair plugged into the same outlet with the cheater plugs. (I did not have this problem until I replaced my previous power amp.) Without the cheater plugs, the hum is very loud.
02-21-09: Hhawk

Hhawk,

Are you saying with all the associated equipment, that is connected together by ics, plugged into the same outlet without using ground cheaters you get a loud hum?

By Chance do you have a CATV system hooked up to the audio system in any way?
Thx again. And the humor went over my head - I have no idea what you are talking about :)
Jea48 - Yes, without the cheater plugs and even inserted into the same outlet I get the hum. I replaced a Parasound with a McCormack power amp and that started my having this problem. Cheater plugs do solve the problem but I had read where an isolation transformer might solve it as well and there would be no possibility of a nasty shock using that method.
It appears from what you guys are telling me, it that I am still better off to have the pair plugged into the Tripp-lite using the cheater plugs than to go back to having the pair plugged directly into the outlet. It reduces the chance of a lethal shock.
Forgot to say that I do have Directv and audio is connected to the preamp via RCA jacks. So maybe a RCA ground isolation device is what I really need.