Isn't a wondeful time to be an audiophile?

With all the new lower or intro priced vs. performance gear coming out recently. And with choices of sources, CD/ Streaming. I'm just thinking of how it must be for the newly converted. I started out back in the mid seventies. Let's see,if I remember correctly - Phono, Linn. Ortophon Dynevector Audio Technica?  Reel to Reel, Cassette. Dolby filters. Ohm's F, Snell, JBL speakers. Just to name a few. But I am impressed with the performance vs. price ratio of some of the new gear I've heard. For which ever reason, technical, marketing, production. There are certainly I believe not only more products to choose from but the choices are more affordable as well.
128x128joes44
The biggest downside to sensitizing your ears via music is ambient noise. For example, diesel-powered street plows, coffee shops with bad acoustics, people speaking in shrill voices, etc. For these, there ought to be a law.
The golden age for audiophiles began in the late 70’s and ended around 1981. There was only one focus: to make the most faithfully reproductive system in the analog domain. The digital age was only a distraction.