Is using streaming services worthy of an audiophile?

I read that a lot of people on this forum use Tidal etc. Is this ok from audiophile perspective? I mean, do people who use such services actually know what quality is streamed? Don’t you lose all control over your music when you surrender to streaming services?
defiantboomerang

Showing 3 responses by james1969

Tidal is fantastic.  Tidal is also a good tool to find new vinyl, listen before you buy.
@clearthink,  I solely meant using Tidal to listen to music.  I subscribe to the 44.1 kHz sample rate (the premium) for good sound through my system.  If I find new music that is available on vinyl, I buy it.  Radio is not what it use to be, nor is MTV for that matter.  So where do you go for new music these days?  Tidal is my tool for new music, it does not replace my music collection.  My records are my greatest treasure, so to add new music to my record collection, I am using Tidal to enjoy new music through.  Peace dude.
@lalitk ~ Tidal rocks!  I had a friend over who wanted to compare the latest Remastered version of Brothers In Arms (Dire Straights) from Tidal vs my regular issue pressing of Brothers In Arms...he went away in disbelief...