Is this MQA news a big deal?

Just now stumbled across this release regarding DACs from ESS adding MQA, but I'm not certain if it means there'll likely be many companies offering MQA decoding soon enough. Or if it perhaps means something else. Any thoughts?

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/05/08/1497989/0/en/SABRE-DACs-from-ESS-Technology-to-Int...
hodu
"Is this MQA news a big deal?"

Yes. Listen, compare, and judge for yourself.
Yes it's very important. It's taking hold. And I can't seem to find any information that shows we really need it. What I do know: Record companies and equipment manufacturers have to pay a license fee to incorporate MQA. That gets passed on to you in the music content you buy and the equipment you purchase to play that music. I'm sure that means the company behind MQA will receive massive profits from this. You get the added expense. Unless I'm missing something substantial I don't see a consumer benift. It seems record companies are pushing it hard. I think that's because MQA incorporates copy protection. They industry mags tell you that you want it because the files are smaller and stream or download faster. That's true. Everyone agrees on that. But I don't want to pay extra for it. If MQA gets adopted will we have a choice? I don't buy the idea that the MQA process gives you a better playback sound then files that were never compressed. I guess I can't say it's impossible. Different in a way that's pleasing? That I would accept. Again, I don't want to pay extra for that. Maybe I'm a sceptic because I'm old enough to remember all the music formats that have come and gone and caused me to buy the same music many times over. Maybe one of you can tell me why I need to have it. 
All these DACs that sound better with these ridiculously high sample rates and the HF noise included in a 192 KHz file are all likely suffering from linearity issues and poor implementation of brick wall anti-aliasing filters. I don’t think MQA will fix anything on a well made DAC.