Is this an right time to buy hifi?

Hi!
it seems that all audio manufacturers have supply issues and delivery dates take up to 6 months ( Decware- Salk, etc). I wonder if they are forced  to cut corners and compromise the quality of components and performance. 
Dan
davidantonio
I put a down payment on two Bryston 7b3's yesterday, and after I did I thought of the same question as the OP.  I hope lesser quality components are not substituted for the normal components because of supply issues. And I know Bryston is facing supply issues as their president said as much over in the audiocircle Bryston thread.
I want to second what mapman said above--you can get very good sound these days for not a lot of money.  amplifier technology is such that there is essentially no audible distortion on any decent SS amp.  speaker technology has trickled down to lower cost speakers (though you still have to get something better and more expensive than sonos ones, say).   So if you're new to building a system, do your HW and you will get a great system for not a lot of money.  How do I square what I just wrote with buying a couple of 7b3's?  I don't know.
Shortage of components cause shortages not corner cutting.  Shortage of people could cause cost cutting. For the most part the world missed 3-6 months of manufacturing. EVERYTHING is short not. Leading to supply chain issues everywhere. Waiting for GIK due to fabric shortages.  This is bad time to buy. Discounts are short and demand seems to be high. 
Millercarbon is correct except for buying Bitcoin. You can bet your &$) it will be outlawed sooner than later. Specifically because of the ransoms associated with the crypto currency. Gold, platinum, silver. That’s the ticket