Is this a good idea?

Have three sets of rca interconnects coming and want to get a couple of hundred hours on them before introducing them into my system with that said I have a receiver/CD player/XM Radio in my bath house and plan to run all three sets of cables spliced together with rca splicers and burning them in between CD and rceiver on continuous play and low volume. Does anyone see any issues with this notion? All cables are Cardas, 1/2 meter, 1/2 meter and 1 meter. Thanks
tooblue

Showing 1 response by adg101

The splicers or couplings will not hurt anything. Just make sure to keep all the cables running the same/correct direction. Haven’t had a pair of Cardas in years so don’t recall if they’re directional or not but they are as the shield is only tied to one end. If there’s no direction arrows on the jacket then keep all the lettering going the same direction. Cards are litz construction so the wire itself is not as noticeable direction wise as solid core wire, but it does matter if the cable is shielded and that is usually only tied at one end which will likely change how it sounds so you need to experiment once your cables settle in. You probably already knew all this but just Incase I thought I should post.

Enjoy your new cables.