Is there an alternate to Martin Logans?

I love Martin Logan, the way they sound except for two things, my aerius i don't play loud enough and don't go low enough, is there anyway I can get these two things without going to a bigger Martin Logan, do other dynamic speakers exist that have the speed and transparency and pin point imaging of a Martin Logan?
tbonephile
I'm not a big fan of ML. They make decent product, but the cone bass does not fully mesh with the panels. The Aerius suffers least from this problem. On the other hand, MLs do alot of things very well and I can easily understand why people, including people who know music, like them. My own tastes and biases lean towards cone speakers. Panel speakers seem to get the transients and the decay right, but the sustain, at least to me, doesn't sound right. As everyone knows, the primary problem with cone speakers are the boxes. No matter what you do it's inevitable that speaker cabinets will color the sound. If you really want to get the best of both worlds, try a baffless cone speaker (Audio Artistry and Gradient). I only know the AAs by reputation, but the Gradient Revolution is an extraordinary product. It doesn't sound "hi-fi", particularly through the mid-bass, it sounds real. There are no perfect speakers, every product is a collection of compromises and the designer's mix will appeal more to some than to others. Let's respect each other.
I'm a trombonist for the Boston Symphony Orchestra, I would consider myself a very well trained musician. I have probably heard more of what a live instrument sounds like then most. As far as decay goes, Musical decay is dependent on the hall that we play in. We compromise in our playing to adjust to the reverb etc.. in the playing venues. Many of what people think sounds good, is not what music sounds like in life. People should take more opportunity to listen to live music. you'll be surprised at how much better it sounds :o) I'm not saying that I have better ears then other people, just probably better assement of whats tonally correct.
Thank you Bigcigarman I concur. To me a speaker is a transducer. It's sole purpose is to accurately reproduce what is on the recording. Being quite familiar with live music as well, as both a participant and a listener it is true. Live music has a quality that I have NEVER heard quite captured by an audio system, close but no cigar. There are too many variables. The recording if well engineered will represent what was captured by the microphones, hopefully it will capture the ambience of the recording venue as one might hear it if there but it will never sound like the live experience. And I, like you wish more people would go to concerts and experience it live and really know that experience. Many do for sure but it is obvious to me that many don’t and it is too bad, they would love it. Listening to live music and listening to recorded are in reality two completely separate experiences and never the twain shall meet. Thanks again for your post, you have put things in well needed perspective. Will
Be careful Bigcigarman. Now that Phill_06896 has defined *HI-FI* for us Audiogon mortals, I understand he's about to define music and dictate the specifics of tonal correctness as well.