Is there a solid fuse-like item that I can use in place of a fuse, to bypass it?

Hi All,

instead of using a "gourmet" fuse in certain situations, I want to bypass the fuse entirely with a solid piece of metal. I also want to avoid soldering-in a piece of wire in the fuse’s place.

Are there solid pieces of silver or copper, the same size as a fuse, that i can swap into a fuse holder?


Why? By removing the fuse, your equipment becomes vulnerable to being destroyed should a surge take place. The fuse is a sacrificial part of the electrical circuit rather than a circuit board, capacitor, resister, etc.