Is there a reliable CD that is safe and works?? Also a CD laser cleaner??

This is a two headed question about CD and Laser cleaners.  I have seen adds for Shinola CD cleaner and possibly Mobile Fidelity.  I am always concerned that these liquid  cleaner may eventually damage the CD play surface.

I ask because today while playing a used CD of an older Belle and Sebastian album,  the last two tracks began to warble and repeat, then actually stopped even though the time counter was moving. I cleaned the CD with a simple eyeglass cloth WITHOUT a liquid cleaner, but it did not help.

I don't recall this problem before, but noticed one or two very superficial scratches on the CD playsurface.  The CD player is a Ayre CX-7e mp and has performed flawlessly for the last 4 years of ownership. The CD currently is one shelf above from a BAT power amp that gets hot after a hour or so after turn-on and use. At times, the CD chassis seems warm.

I would hope that the heat from the amp is not causing the player to misread the CD.. This never happened before and the amp has at least a 4 inch clearance on top, for air flow.

Thanks,  SJ 

sunnyjim

Showing 1 response by tom6897

Follow the above suggestions. I have had great success using eye glass cleaner on a Q tip or soft eye glass cloth. Been using a Memorex CD lens cleaner with little brushes on the disc for years along with compressed air. Good luck 😀