Is there a DAC ranking list?

This is a follow up from my previous thread seeking more definition and presence in my music.  Among other ideas, I was advised to get a new DAC and several brands were tossed out from $100 to $1700+. The world of DAC’s is large, and I’m wondering if there’s a ranking list for them, similar to Crinicles list for earphones.  I especially like the value ratings on that list, such as “Redefines the price bracket.”

Here’s a recap of my scenario:

I listen to jazz at lower volumes on radio.garden.com via my Apple iPad pro

My room is big, 20ft by 40ft, no carpeting or drapes, with a corner LP triangle

Apple AirPort Express Wireless Router a1392 300Mbps

B & O BeoLab 8000 powered speakers, 10ft from the LP 

Hsu ULS15 Mk II 15in sealed sub imid-room

Paradigm Monitor Series 7 12in sealed sub mid-room via wireless transmitter

Monoprice cables 10ft and 25ft, 22awg, 3.5mm plugs to RCA connections 

I am sure there are many good and great DAC’s out there.  But are there some that punch above their price category?  I also don’t want to pay a premium for one that exceeds the quality capabilities of the rest of my system.

My music sounds “A++” with my Moondrop Blessing headphones, so listening to radio.garden.com on my iPad is giving me the quality of sound that I am seeking for my speakers.

Also, I don’t know if I need a DAC with a preamp or a streamer.  Thx for any ideas you might have that could help me.

128x128tcotruvo

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to the total number of DACs (makes and models) available for purchase right now?  I'm sure it's well into three figures.

Steven Stone just gave the <$1K Topping a rave.

Remember that DACs depreciate faster than new cars and that over $1500 you rapidly hit the law of diminishing returns

@holmz

Now that’s what I call a timely intervention!

Thanks for the link.

It’s an excellent interactive resource for anyone in the market for a dedicated DAC, though there’s plenty of other stuff there too.

There’s a few at $6/7k which don’t get a recommendation and then there’s some around $40 that do!

Right at the top of their ranking seems to be the Topping D90SE at $899.

@cd318 I would still like to see some measurements showing impulse response.
The band limiting filters, around 20 kHz, that are used in DACS can give low SINAD for steady state tones, but can cause pre ringing or post ringing.

The multi tine signal graphs may cover that, but I would have to think about it.
And I have an old “pre millennium” CD player, and no state of the art digital.