Is there a ceiling limit on what you are willing to pay for an audio component?

A very informative fellow on youtube reviews high end audio gear. He pays an insane amount of money on ampifiers, speakers and digital sources. He tells you what he thinks about quality, price, customer service and performance on such brands as Magico, Boulder, Wilson Audio and many others.

So here is the question. What are YOU willing to pay for a pair of speakers? An amplifier? A DAC or turntable setup? I am interested in what you WOULD PAY, not what you have paid in the past.

For me, I cannot see myself paying over $5K on speakers and likely not more that $3K on any other component.... even if I had the kind of money Elon Musk has. Am I crazy in saying that?

128x1282psyop

To answer the question posed by the op - no. However, I like to see a correlation between the price of a component and the inputs to its design and manufacture. Consequently,  I spend less on cables, relatively, than on the rest of my system.

@mapman.....those are 2 of the best ( 20K speakers out there).....I was looking at those also But then I heard the 11K Borresen X3’s... I decided I had to have a pair of them..They have the Borresen sound with the fit and finish of a much more expensive speaker.   The Danish know sound...Waiting on delivery.

@mbmi I’m sure those sound very good but I am not a fan of tower speakers with multiple distributed driver designs of any sort in most rooms like mine at home. Maybe in a larger room with more distance to speakers from listening position. 

I think the limit is the same in the Western world:

Your credit card spending limit.....