Is the Modwright for an Oppo udp205 worth it?

Thinking about getting the modwright for my Oppo udp205. Does anyone have any experience with it?
deanshias

Showing 5 responses by audiosaurusrex

I modded my Pioneer LX500 and it completely changed my listening experience. Very resolving and dynamic.  Dan is a visionary when it comes to tube modifications, but his work is not cheap. I guess it all depends on the rest of your system whether you will hear the difference.
So I know it’s not the same but I have a Krell Digital Vanguard pushing the Pioneer Mod to my Vandersteen 2ces and I hear a big difference. More air and like I said revealing and dynamic. I would think with the treos you will hear the difference. Plus you can tube roll.
I would call Dan and speak to him or Kristin. I thought it might be a mistake to spend that kind of money but Modwright is top notch! I have seen huge differences in tweaking the front end.
Just ordered Spatial M3s so I expect even more from the Mod.
 @jafant So my system is going through some real drastic changes.
presently Krell Digital Vanguard-SR Blue Fuse, Shunyata Delta PC, Pioneer LX500 Modwright analog out with Audioquest Sydney.I use an external RME-ADI-2 DAC(find that superior to the Krell’s) Wireworld Equinox Balanced into the Krell. Running Audrivana from my MacBook Ifi USB into DAC. Acoustic Signature Triple X, w/HanaSl into SPL Phonos. Going to my Vandersteen 2ces which are now up for sale on ‘gon. Just purchased Spatial M3 sapphires and soon replacing the Amp with SPL Performer and Director combo. Speaker cables will change too but I’m using Audioquest Castle Rocks, probably gonna do a combo of Anticables for the Spatials ...I have to say that I  am just so impressed with the SPL line. You guys should check them out. Exciting times.
@deanshias
Even though Dan burns in the mod. I find that it took a day or so of playing to really start opening up. Not sure if those JJ6922 tubes need some time but I really hear noticeable improvements with everything I throw at it.