IS THE MARTIN LOGAN Renassance 15A worth the $10,000 higher cost than the Expression 13A

Thinking of buying a pair of Martin Logan's electrostatic speakers. I heard the 15A and loved the sound. They are $10,000 a pair more than the 13A. Is the difference worth it? Has anyone ever compared these 2 speakers?
128x128samgar2
Good   Morning Gadawg58:

Still have not made a decision, however I am leaning towards the 15a since I have a larger room. I wish I had the luxury to compare the two. Please let me know your thoughts once you have heard both. My feeling is that if I buy the 13a it will save me some money, however  it will have a smaller sound stage and I will wish I had the larger model.

Thanks,
Sam

I have listened to the Rennaisance's before. They are very impressive; and very large. Ultimately, your room size should be the main deciding factor between the Rennaisance and the Expression. In a nutshell....

If you have a fairly large room, and if you sit a bit further back, and if you want the maximum depth in soundstage/image, and if you desire that slightly deeper bass response, and if you need that extra 1 db of efficiency, AND if you have the cash.... then consider the Rennaisance.

If you have a moderate to medium sized room, and if you sit a bit closer, and if 24hz is deep enough, and if you don't mind the slightly lesser efficiency, and you want to save that extra $10,000....  then consider the Expression.

Also, bear in mind that the ARC technology is highly effective and is available in both of these models. It really helps to iron out a lot of the acoustical and room placement issues common to electrostats. I saw a demo of this technology performed by a ML rep at a very popular dealer in Canada. I couldn't believe the difference!
Hello Pontifex:

Thanks for your feed-back. I am wondering what you would consider a large room. My room is 26' wide by 22' deep. The room you heard the 15A's in, was it larger?  I would be sitting 12 to 14 feet from the speakers. Do you think the 13A's would seem lost?

Thanks,
Sam
Samgar2,  You can't go wrong with either speaker but with the size of your room the 15A's would be best.  I had the 15A's in a 18 x 24 room and they sounded awesome.  The 15A's have a bigger sound which is why i bought them and  I liked the way they look better then the 13A's.   However, they are a big speaker and my wife said "x!@#+^!" when she first saw them but learned to appreciate their modern aesthetics.  In your case bigger will be better.  

Hello Jonaiken:

Thanks for your advise. I am leaning towards the 15A's as I to like the way they look and for my size room they are the answer. I am sure my wife will scream, however woman like big diamonds and guys like big speakers!