IS THE MARTIN LOGAN Renassance 15A worth the $10,000 higher cost than the Expression 13A

Thinking of buying a pair of Martin Logan's electrostatic speakers. I heard the 15A and loved the sound. They are $10,000 a pair more than the 13A. Is the difference worth it? Has anyone ever compared these 2 speakers?
128x128samgar2

Showing 6 responses by samgar2

Hello Jonaiken:

Thanks for your advise. I am leaning towards the 15A's as I to like the way they look and for my size room they are the answer. I am sure my wife will scream, however woman like big diamonds and guys like big speakers!
Yes there is a store close by which let me hear the 15A's, which sounded great.They only had the 11A's which I could compare them to and there was a night and day difference between the 2. Just wondered if anyone was able to AB the 15's and 13's.

Hello Sleepysurf:

Thanks for your feed-back. My listening room is 24' x 24'. Do you think the 13A will get lost in that space? What is the size of your listening room.

Thanks,
Sam
Thanks again for your comments. I am strictly 2 channel but like a large sound stage. That is why I am trying to justify the large price difference between the 13A and 15A. Yes, my wife would prefer the smaller speakers, however it is my man cave so her vote has little merit! These would be a second set of speakers in the other 2 corners of the room. 

Good   Morning Gadawg58:

Still have not made a decision, however I am leaning towards the 15a since I have a larger room. I wish I had the luxury to compare the two. Please let me know your thoughts once you have heard both. My feeling is that if I buy the 13a it will save me some money, however  it will have a smaller sound stage and I will wish I had the larger model.

Thanks,
Sam

Hello Pontifex:

Thanks for your feed-back. I am wondering what you would consider a large room. My room is 26' wide by 22' deep. The room you heard the 15A's in, was it larger?  I would be sitting 12 to 14 feet from the speakers. Do you think the 13A's would seem lost?

Thanks,
Sam