IS THE MARTIN LOGAN Renassance 15A worth the $10,000 higher cost than the Expression 13A

Thinking of buying a pair of Martin Logan's electrostatic speakers. I heard the 15A and loved the sound. They are $10,000 a pair more than the 13A. Is the difference worth it? Has anyone ever compared these 2 speakers?
128x128samgar2

Showing 1 response by pontifex

I have listened to the Rennaisance's before. They are very impressive; and very large. Ultimately, your room size should be the main deciding factor between the Rennaisance and the Expression. In a nutshell....

If you have a fairly large room, and if you sit a bit further back, and if you want the maximum depth in soundstage/image, and if you desire that slightly deeper bass response, and if you need that extra 1 db of efficiency, AND if you have the cash.... then consider the Rennaisance.

If you have a moderate to medium sized room, and if you sit a bit closer, and if 24hz is deep enough, and if you don't mind the slightly lesser efficiency, and you want to save that extra $10,000....  then consider the Expression.

Also, bear in mind that the ARC technology is highly effective and is available in both of these models. It really helps to iron out a lot of the acoustical and room placement issues common to electrostats. I saw a demo of this technology performed by a ML rep at a very popular dealer in Canada. I couldn't believe the difference!