Is the Eico HF 81 really that good?

I read about the little Eico integrated in Stereophile. They said it was incredible. Does anyone here have any direct experience with this unit?
128x128baranyi
Nice write-up, Pokee. Not quite an 81 but I have 2 pairs of HF35s. 35watt mono amps. One is a Stu Remmington rebuild with chokes and fixed bias. They are glorious.
The sole reason why I am a long time Agon member, musicophile and gear nerd is because, beginning early in 1967, I moved to Brookline, MA, and my new and best friend's dad had an Eico HF81 fed with a Dual table powering AR 2s. Over the next couple of years I heard on that system, in a large living room, for the first time, just-released Hendrix, Beatles, Tull, Airplane, Stones, Janis, Who, Zep, Taylor and others. That system filled and energized that room and I will never forget it.

If the Eico HF81 had anything to do with, yeah, it's a good one.
I have a Sam Kim complete rebuildĀ  Heath Kit 151 that is simply outstanding. Using only the chassis and transformers Sam rebuilts the entire amp from the ground up.
great buddy of mine owns 3-5 of them at any given time..w Revel 2 something be.....very very nice sound.......stop debating and listen !!!!!