Is the Classe Cap-101 enough for Totem Arros?

I'm looking to setup a small simple 2-channel system in my living room. I live in a mid-rise condo so I dont crank to much and dont have tons of space to fill. I am looking for a decent small integrated receiver with a remote and the Classe Cap-101 seemed like the first. The upgrade would be the Cap-151 or something else entirly. I will primarily use the system for acoustic/folk/rock some Jazz/Instrumental/blues but also this will be connected to my TV for home entertainment in this main room also. I love the Arro's so I just want them to be the centerpiece of the livingroom in my condo. Need a clean looking integrated amp to pair with them.
shawnparslow

Showing 3 responses by shawnparslow

Thanks, I'm actually looking at selling my panorama sound bar andmadding some funds to get a nice small 2.0 system since I listen to music 90% there and watch tv 5% and movies 5%.

The sound bar is ok but I miss a 2.0 system after selling the powered reference monitors in my office so I want a nice small 2.0 system in the center of my living room.

The Arros are my favorite speakers - I listen to a lot of acoustic guitar based music and the sound like butter to my ears.

I have a decent expendable income at the moment but might have a kid in a year or two so I figure this is my last chance to get a decent 2.0 system again before parking my hifi spending for a little while.

My dream integrated would me a McIntosh MA6300. I also have owned musical fidelity stuff that sounded good enough. I don't want to do tubes in this system to keep the Maintnance down. Just a decent bood looking stereo receiver. Ideally something in the $500-$1000 range to power the totems.
Thanks folks, the Naim Nait 5i-2 is on my radar now. I used to have a system with the Jolida 302b and Arro's in my office but I really am gonna have a rough time with an exposed tube amp in the living room. Its all hot/glowing/not the safest looking thing if/when people/friends with kids come over (which all our friends are having kids).

I know its silly but wife acceptance is a concern in the living room and if the wife see's vacuum tubes she just thinks absurdity. I had Totem sttaf's previously in a Den system (before "upgrading" to the Arros which I preferred) and used it with a Musical Fidelity X-150 which was decent.

I dont really know that I have a preference for or against tubes but I just feel I can get more for my money and something more appropriate for the living room with ~ $1000 integrated. Not sure if a Musical Fidelity (a3.5 or such) with higher wattage would be better than the Nait or some of the others. Peopler really seem to dig the Nait-Arro combo and also the Unison Unico-Arro combo so these are high on my radar.
I was over talking to my local dealer chatting yesterday (listening to some $15K Marten's he was breaking in) and he said in the best lower priced integrated he had/would recommend for Arros was a simaudio moon i-5 ...he only had Hawks/Forests when I was there so I couldn't audition them and I know Totems all are very unique.

I think after reading everyone's impressions I am going to try and hone in and look for Naim Nait, Plinius, and Unico options.