Is the B&W 802d3 a significant upgrade over the 804d3 + powerful sub?

I have a pair of 804d3 with an htm1d3 center and 683 ceiling surrounds. I also have a JL Audio Fathom F212v2. I’m thinking about selling my 804d3 to upgrade to a pair of 802d3, but the outlay would be 5 figures. Given that the primary differences between these speakers are down low and I’m crossing over to the F212 at 80 hz anyway, would the upgrade still be major enough to justify the cost?  
Some of this is buyers remorse as I should have gone 802 when I bought two years ago.  I am 80% home theater and 20% music, which is why I saved the money to go with the 804.  

Separately, if I don’t do this upgrade, then I may instead upgrade my Anthem A5 to either a Parasound A51 or a McIntosh mc255. But I’ll wait to get feedback on step 1 here before posting about or considering that option. 
isaywhateveryo
There will be difference otherwise nobody would buy the more expensive 802. 

The 802 uses a different cabinet and a turbine. its not just a difference down low. 

Kenjit ~

Speaker expert and Perfectionist Audiophile guru 

Understood, but my thought is that the difference might be muted with an $8k subwoofer.  I was just trying to gauge whether there still is a substantial difference. But given that I can’t find any threads on it, perhaps it’s a bad question. 
how are we supposed to know if its substantial? Only you would know that. Whose opinion matters, yours or ours?
You will never better a well integrated sub with standalone speakers. 

The question then is, is your sub well integrated?

JL audio makes very good sub tuning/integration software, so I would say if you are using it, keep what you have.  My one bit of advice is, plug the 804, and re-calibrate.

Best,

E
“I am 80% home theater and 20% music.”

I would keep the 804D3 based on above statement. If this would have been other way around, you can easily justify the upgrade to 802d3. If you feel you’re lacking the bottom end with 804D3, then I recommend to add a REL sub for best musical bass / integration for 2 ch audio.

JL Audio F212v2 is a awesome HT subwoofer but when it comes to music, you will find its bass either too low or too overwhelming.

If you add a 2nd dedicated sub for music, you may not need to switch the amplification from A5 to A51.