Is the Adcom GTP-750 any good?

Hello all, I am new to the site and looking for a little assistance. I have come across a new GTP-750 from a trusted source for $550. This is my first pre, and while I don't have a lot of cash sitting around, I do not want to buy something I will regret. If anyone has any experience with this unit or any knowledge I would appreciate the advice.
Thanks, Matt
mtalk

Showing 1 response by sdcampbell

For $550, you're getting a terrific buy. I have spent a lot of time listening to both the 750 and 760, and both represent good value for the money. Since the 750 sold new for just under $2k, you could buy this unit for about 25% of the original price, use it a while, and sell it for about $750 if you don't like it. With an arrangement like that, I don't see how you could go wrong. By the way, The Perfect Vision had a review of the 760 by Tony Cordesman last spring -- it may have been the April or May issue. The 760 is essentially the same unit as the 750, but with 5.1 channel DVD / SACD inputs added. Cordesman gave the 760 a pretty fair write-up.