Is NAD C372 Integrated good match w/ Maggie1.7's?

I own a NAD C372 integrated amp [150 watts per channel], and was wondering if it would be a good match with Magnepan 1.7's. Are NAD's stable with 4ohm loads?
128x128comedychief

Showing 10 responses by warrenh

I agree with J135. budget is always a consideration, but the Magepans deserve more.
I have owned Maggies, and to this day they are the best speakers I have ever owned. They require lots of space from rear walls to come alive, and a high current amp, indeed. All high current amps are not created equal. Bring your Nad and tunes with you to audition them.
you will probably want a new cd player after purchasing the Maggies, as well. It may be the beginning of the end of your rig :) we've all been there. keep us posted.
Moving to tubes? Now you’re talking. If you go the way of tubes (which I highly recommend) check out Zuaudio’s website. They will have a speaker in your budget that is very tube friendly. You cannot beat their money back guarantee. Nothing to lose, but the cost of shipping. If your budget allows for the Druids, I’m sure you will not have to worry about return shipping. I’m not a Zu dealer. Just a Zu owner, and waiting on my new Zu speakers. Good luck with your journey…..
I owned a Bryston 4B with my Maggies a very long while ago. 200 wpc into 8 ohms, and the Bryston clipped all the time when I need to feel the earth shake. I was told to bridge them. NO money back then, but they require serious quality SS. Find a used Bryston 4B and you will be set free...aren't you glad you posted on the 'gon?
Have we beat this to death. Used Bryston 4B. You'll thank me. A great amp with Maggies, especially bass.
If you’re a hard rocker and you need ear bleed spl, you got to go 400+ wpc to move the pictures. I was younger then, so there were no limits to my tympanic insanity, though I still like the hair on the back of my head to stand up, at times. That’s why the Zu Definitions.
check their website out. After the Omens you'll want to bag your ss amp. Maybe you should bag the amp before auditioning the Omens. Zu are tube friendly speakers. never heard the Omens, but you can't beat the guarantee.
Maggie 1.7s with 20 wpc?? I'm a jazzman, as well. When you're ready to hear what a 4 string bass can sound like and the E string of a guitar, plus the bass clef of your piano, on your rig?==re-read the threads. Oops, you're happy. You are a cheap date..lol...enjoy your jazz.