is my room small for a pair of B&W 802's

My listening room is a dedicated listening room 18.6 by 14.5 I would like to put a pair of B&W 802's in but I am worried it would be over kill for the room. I will drive them with a pair of Mcintosh MC501's or Classe mono 400's. Am I too big for the room? Also what amp would you think is best suited for these beasties. Pass Labs, Classe, Mcintosh, or Bryston. Solid state only.
Thanks for your time and insight,
Eric
128x128lysaker

Showing 2 responses by stringreen

If you haven't bought them, look at other speakers to compare cost to value. Our american dollar is worthless, and therefore British imports are VERY expensive for what you get. By all means, if the B&W's are your choice stick with it, however, be sure that competing brands have been auditioned and rejected. Don't worry about the room size. It sounds as though you have enough power. It will take careful setup and room treatment, but that should not be your issue at the moment. Be sure B&W is where you want to head.
Some competing speaker brands are Vandersteen, Magnapan, Wilson, Theil, Dynaudio...and also be on the lookout for used speakers.... you can save quite a lot and get excellent sound.