Is my 1988 Nakamichi OMS-1 worth repairing?

When it works, my OMS-1 sounds far superior to my newish Sony DVD/CD player, but is the Nak worth repairing ($150) or should I simply buy a new CD player?
polidori
Dopogue is right. Older technology CD players are junk for transports. Get yourself a Sony or Philips DVD player with dual-laser, such as the DVP-S7700 or 9000es and get it modded. A superb transport once modded.
I wouldn't repair it.
I repaired a OMS-7A (new laser) and regretted it, as the repair cost exceeded its value and something else could easily fail in a player of that age.
You should be able to find a far better sounding used player for little more than the repair cost.
Absolutely not!!! Buy an Adcom GDA 600 DAC and use your dvd player as a transport. The Adcom is usually available for $175-225 on ebay or here on The Gon. It is a magic box which sonically beats the pants off any cd player you could get for under a $1000. I can not stress strongly enough how good this unit is. It is insanely good for the money. For a few dollars more you can get the GDA 700 which is basically a GDA 600 with HDCD.
If it's only $150 I'd probably repair it. Sure you can get a new DVD player for less than $150 but it will be junk - landfill fodder.