Is it time to upgrade my amp?

Hi there!

I'm looking for some amplifier upgrade advice. My current system is:
Rega RP6 with Dynavector 10X5 MM (I intend to upgrade the cartridge to a Rega Ania Pro MC)
PS Audio NuWave Phono preamp (just received today and not added to my system yet)
Arcam FMJ A19 integrated amp
Audiolab 8200CD 
Monitor Audio Gold 100
I plan on adding a Cambridge Audio CXN (V2) soon.
Over all my system sounds great but a little harsh so I was considering upgrading to an integrated tube amp <$3k. I have considered, the Rogue Cronus Magnum 3, Sphinx V3 and used Cary SLI-80. None of which I can audition close to home.
Any advice on getting the most out of my system would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! Chris
tripodkid
Replace your speakers! At an abysmally low 86dB they limit you to high powered amps. Not that they will sound good with ANY amp! But your $3k will buy you some killer Double Impacts, far and away better speakers, and ones that can be beautifully driven with as little as 20 watts, something that sounds as sweet as the Raven Blackhawk. Which will never happen as long as you hamstring yourself with bookshelf speakers. Especially those bookshelf speakers. Seriously. Read the reviews. Replace yours with DIs, be amazed at how your whole system is transformed.

A tube good amp would improve your system but as MC says better loudspeakers would be a bigger change for the same bucks.  
I also agree with others - upgrade the speakers before going with a new amp. Or, do both. You can find pretty good tube integrateds used for $1.5-2K and decent speakers in the same range in the $1-1.5K if you’re lucky. I saw a Tekton Perfect SET selling for $1200 a little while ago. I’d bet that would be great with the amps you list and you could find both under $3K together if you are patient. 
In another thread there is discussion of blind testing to see if fuses make a difference beyond placebo. Reading around you find the (in)famous challenge to identify any difference in blind listening between any amplifier of quality (about $400 seems enough). Apparently you can tell the difference in a very expensive amp which is designed to distort (like SET). But otherwise, it seems there is little if any gain in amp upgrades. The money is best spent on the air coupling (speakers) and room treatment.