Is it the beer or do speakers/electronics really need some extended warm-up period?

To me, one of life's best times are a cold beer and listening to good music.  I have noticed that the longer the listening/drinking session, the better the sound.  Is it the beer or do the electronics/mechanical components mellow out after some burn-in period?  Thought about listening with no beer, but that's not happening.
gvlandin
Hey, my amp just caught fire and exploded! Gosh, it must have been thermally unstable. Rats! 🐀 🐀 🐀

Post removed 
...  I'm a cable proponent, but that's different in that when I swap a cable I'
m hearing the change immediately.

@douglas_schroeder  --

How's that different to people perceiving sonic changes with either new/old or cold/warm gear? You could, say, turn on your gear and listen to it shortly, get out of the room and return in an hour or so, and then maybe you (that is, someone else) would notice a change immediately as well (I'm not saying the difference heard here would necessarily be as substantial than with cables, but that's irrelevant for this discussion)? This way you would "swap" one scenario with another, albeit with a longer interval between audition/evaluations - but one that would still leave room for perceptive reasoning. I'll admit ones ability to assess sonic changes over longer time as a gradual process (i.e.: burn-in) to be more challenging, but so is trying to unravel who're merely "under the influence" of Placebo, and who are not. The issue though of Placebo or time between evaluating one scenario against another (or the specific nature of what is evaluated) is not as relevant here as something else.. 

What's being discussed that I find impossible is the notion that humans can accurately hear changes to gear over hours, days, weeks, months, etc. The belief in that is predicated up on the arrogant concept that humans have more consistent perception of what we hear than equipment has consistency in playing it back. That's laughable.

Speaking of arrogance I'd say your assuming for all (of humanity) the right premise for when to be able to hear a difference comes awfully close; how would you know, exhaustively, the intricate inner workings and mechanisms of gear and the abilities of the human ear(s)? Mostly measurements and theory only gets you so far. Stick with your own impressions, and let others have theirs (with authority) as well. 
A component that has been left off for an extended period is at a thermal steady state equal to room temperature.

The same component, after an extended period of operation at a certain volume level will be at a higher thermal steady state (oscillating with sonic dynamics).

Isn't it reasonable to believe that these two states might have an impact on the signal flowing through said component. Isn't it also reasonable to believe that a high end component might be designed to best operate at the higher steady state?
physus, you asked some good questions; I believe most will be answered in my article.