Is it safe to run cheap wires?

I am in the process of upgrading my speaker wires. I sold my old ones and I dont have the new ones yet. I have two Classe Audio Ca-400's that I run bridged. (roughly 1200 watts per channel) It will be a few weeks before I have my new wires and I was wondering if it was ok to use monster cable until then. I know the sound quality isnt going to be the greatest but is that to much power for the cable?
perfectimage

Showing 1 response by k525

No brainer: go down to Radio Shadk and buy the 16 or 18 gauge wire and enjoy it. There are exceptions (e.g. Spectral threatens you with fire and brimstone if you run anything except MIT cable) but I am currently using good old Radio Shack wire as my stopgap speaker cable, and between my VTL monoblocks and Virgo speakers, it ain't half bad. Certainly there's no damage! Wire that costs $18 for 50 feet can do for the moment as I audition the high price spread wires that cost $1,000 for 10 feet. By the way, have you discoverd The CAble Company? www.fatwyre.com. They will lend you wires to audition.