Is it really worth it to get a phono stage over $10k

Vinyl has been a steep learning curve. I have, I think, a nice John Curl phono boards built into my Audible Illusions M3B. I am considering getting the new AI PH-1 $11.5 phono stage. Art Ferris at AI  says that this two box unit, also designed by John Curl, is no compromise able to match or beat the best available. Curl did design the two Constellation PS-Andromeda and Perseus. I wonder if the $35k Perseus puts a lot of $ into the beautiful chassis and unnecessary bell and whistles? AI does have a long lived reputation for value and quality. In addition to the outboard phono stage I will have to get a really good interconnect which will add a lot. My analog rig is super good. Surely the best I have ever had. Woodsong Garrard 301, Ortophon 309 arm, Myajima Shalabi. It has me going a bit nuts in upgrading. $33k Tetra speakers, $7k Stealth speaker cable, $4k Stealth phono cable, amp-to be decided. The main question is whether an expensive our board phono stage is the way to go.
mglik
@johnss 

so, John 

What phono stages did you try & what did you end up with ?
What options do you suggest 

jeff

ps: just ordered my TT yesterday with Hana SL 
Post removed 
For exception balanced phono stage amplification audition the Estoteric E-02 and the Constellation Andromeda.  You get what you pay for.
For exceptional balanced phono stage amplification performance, audition the Estoteric E-02 and the Constellation Andromeda. You get what you pay for.