Is it OK to use an 8 Ohm tubed amp to power 16 Ohm speakers?

There’s a lot of emotion and conflicting answers when I Google this. I have an Air Tight ATM-1s and Zu Audio Druid speakers. The Air Tight is factory-set at 8 Ohms and is switcheable to 16 Ohms but requires removing the base plate and resoldering which I’m reluctant to do — or at least not until listening at the current configuration. Air Tight says it’s fine to have 8 Ohm to 16 Ohm speakers — which I suppose is definitive, but I’m asking the question all the same to this experienced community. Btw, I am not an electrical engineer so please don’t be overly technical in your opionions.

Many thanks.
ijloffsite
That would be fine.  If you search the forums, you will find numerous posts confirming that, including many by amp designer/builder Atmasphere who is firmly of the opinion that amps in general and tube amps in particular, sound better driving higher resistance speakers. 
Post removed 
It is always better to have a higher load resistance - less current is drawn from tube circuits. Compared to transistor amps, tube amps are challenged by low impedances and have difficultly in providing current.