Is high end audio to snooty for its own good?

I think it has become that way. Some people flaunt that they have high end systems and they listen to certain kinds of music and I think it puts the hobby in a negative light at times.
calvinj
Once upon a time, I got very tired of hearing smooth jazz and Diana Krall at what seemed like every gear audition and audio club meeting on earth. However, I don't begrudge any fan of that music their enjoyment of those recordings and I don't expect I'd ever convert them to Wagner or Roxy Music or Jaime Wyatt.

I've been blessed over the years to know a few great audio pros/dealers who truly loved music and generously shared their insight and wisdom. They totally balance out the very few high end snobs who only play Famous Blue Raincoat or RCA shaded dogs on their ultra $$$ systems. I've heard some killer systems over the years, and I had a pretty good one ($$) myself for awhile.

That was then, this is now: we're starting again and having fun putting together a modest system, one that *all* our recordings sound good through, including vintage and mono recordings, LPs, CDs, opera blu-rays and downloads. It will be a good, musical system but it won't be the last word in hi-fi.  I really do wanna hear the music, not the gear.  I'd like to meet some local audio friends but I'm really content to stay at home and enjoy our collection with the hubby,

Ultimately, it's about enjoying the music. Music feeds my soul. For me, that's mainly classical and opera, but also includes rock, R&B, folk, jazz, alt country and pop. (For my spouse, it's 97% classical.} I don't like hip hop, metal or trance, but I'm fine if you do. That means we might have different priorities and different choices in gear but - hey- many are the paths to musical nirvana, plenty of gear to go around.
Post removed 
I just have a range of music that runs a little farther than most. I can listen to country classical jazz r&b hip hop blues etc. I can appreciate the instruments words and story telling in all music!
Yes......for instance ; David Michael Audio as I had called him  4 times, 4 times on a $20,000 retail pre-map I was very interested in and he didn't even have the common courtesy to even call me back. I went to Anthony Perrotta Consulting who I have done business with in the past, and was able to work out a deal. He does not have the audio arrogance as some. Great guy to work with. Todd at ;  Todd the Vinyl Junkie is another one of the '' few '' straight shooters in this business.  I have been in this hobby for 42 years and yes I have met some real jerks and we all know who they are.