Is elliptical the best stylus profile

In my experiences, it seems that elliptical shaped stylus track better and pretty much have the same amount of detail that a line contact has, maybe a little less.  The difference, again in my experience is that the line contact needs to be set up perfectly for good performance.  How many of us are experts at setup.  Cartridge manufacturers, Why not just use elliptical shape and give everybody a break? 
tzh21y
To correct my own post above ▲▲▲▲▲▲ it was not quite accurate to say there's no VTA when using a conical stylus, because VTA describes the cantilever more than the stylus. What I should have said is that because of the conical stylus shape, there is no effect when changing the VTA, because it doesn't change the stylus' contact with the groove. (Of course, when you change the VTA by raising or lowering the pickup arm, you are changing the overhang, however slightly.)
Dear @cleeds :                                                                                               "" is there any correlation between stylus shape and a specific alignment method for setting up the cart? In other words, did you ever notice if baerwald or lofgren tends to work better with a given styli? ""

luisfcoimbra was refering to Löfgren A and B alignment and not the overall cartridge set up. 
bimasta goes a step beyond it where your answer was opotune.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.

For me the biggest advantage of line contact over conical and elliptical is lower IGD and maintenance of HF level at end of record. Especially the latter! This is the main advantage of CD over vinyl AFAIC. The best line contacts (Shibata, Microline) do away with this problem. The record sounds the same all the way through - inner tracks do not sound less crisp than outer tracks. Not so with conical and cheaper ellipticals.
Arguable the ''best shape'' is Van den Hul (aka Gyger I). Van den
Hul designed this stylus for Gyger  but with stipulation to sell
them also under his own name. Hoever his first design was very
difficult to produce (polishing) so he designed Gyger II and
Gyger S(?) ; the latest Gyger stylus. The respective dimensions
are published by van den Hul. He claimed 5000 hour use for the
Gyger I. 
I think rauliruegas has the best handle on this subject. Any cartridge is going to sound better when it is set up properly. Tracking is paramount. The overall sound quality is determined by the design of the cartridge and the manufacturer’s attention to detail. Very tiny detail. 
Setting up a turntable is not rocket science. Some of us do not want to be bothered so hopefully they have a tech who can do it for them. But I think nobody does it better with more loving care than yourself.